TWAS-SN Bose Postdoctoral Fellowships Physical Sciences 2015/ 2016 • This international fellowship is awarded for young foreign scientists from developing countries who wish to pursue research towards a PhD in physical sciences for four years, with the possibility of a one-year extension. It also awarded for scientist who wish to studies towards postdoctoral research in the physical science for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months.
Applicants may be registered for a PhD degree in their home country (SANDWICH option), or may enrol in a PhD course at the S.N. Bose National Centre (FULL-TIME option). For information, the programme entails only one journey to the host country. Admission to the PhD programme at the S.N. Bose National Centre will depend on the successful completion of awardee’s coursework (about one year’s duration).
|Study in: India
Host Institution: TWAS and SN Bose National Center for Basic Sciences
|Course Level: Postdoctoral, PhD
TWAS-SN Bose Postdoctoral Fellowships Physical Sciences 2015/ 2016
CLOSING DATE: 31 August 2015 (annually)
Field of Study(s):
- Engineering Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences
More scholarships and fellowships in science, please see Masters of Science Scholarships at University of Twente Netherlands.
Applicants, students from developing country (other than India) are eligible for the TWAS – SN Bose Postdoctoral Fellowships Physical Sciences. South Africa, Nigeria, Indonesia, Bhutan, Cameroon, Pakistan, Solomon Island, Kenya, Fiji, Ethiopia, Thailand, Philipina, Vietnam, Maldives, Laos, Uganda, Brazil, Mexico, and many more developing countries around the world.
To apply for this international scholarships, must meet the following criteria:
- be nationals of a developing country (other than India);
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India or any developed country;
- be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December of the application year; (PhD)
- be a maximum age of 45 years on 31 December of the year of application (Postdoctoral)
- hold a PhD degree in physics, mathematics or physical chemistry
- hold a Master’s degree/PhD degree in physics, mathematics or physical chemistry;
- be employed at a university or research institution;
- be accepted by a department of the S.N. Bose National Centre
- provide evidence of proficiency in English.
What does it cover:
TWAS-SN Bose Postdoctoral Fellowships Physical Sciences will provide a monthly stipend to cover living costs, food and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency. Free on-campus accommodation will be provided.
How to apply:
- Applicants must submit an Acceptance Letter from a department of the S.N. Bose National Centre when applying, or before the deadline.
- Without preliminary acceptance the application will not be considered for selection.
- Referees must send signed letters as attachments via e-mail directly to TWAS.
- Reference letters: The subject line must contain: Bose/PDoc/candidate’s surname.
- Applications for the SN Bose-TWAS Postgraduate and Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme should be sent to TWAS only (by email).
- The request for the Acceptance Letter should reach the S.N. Bose Centre by 31st July
Source & further information on TWAS-SN Bose Postdoctoral Fellowships Physical Sciences 2015/ 2016: