Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships 2015 2016 • Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships are internationally competitive, merit-based scholarships provided by the Australian Government to support international students and scientists to undertake Masters or PhD programs, study, research and professional development programmes in Australia. The scholarships and fellowships also offered to Australians who wants to undertake these programmes overseas.
The award provides financial support up to 2 years for a master’s and up to 4 years for a PhD. Applications for the 2016 round are expected to open in April 2015.
For more scholarships and fellowships from Australian Government, see » Australia Awards Scholarships for African Students.
|Study in: Australia
Host Institution: Australian Government
|Course Level: Postgraduate (Masters/PhD)
Course Starts: 2016
Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships 2015 2016
CLOSING DATE: about May 2015
Field of Study(s):
Applications from various field are accepted.
Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships support international applicants/ students:
- Australians to undertake these programmes overseas
- Citizens of the Asia-Pacific:
Fiji, French Polynesia, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia (Federated states of), Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand* (including Cook Islands), Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futuna.
- Citizens of the Asia:
Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, People’s Republic of China (including Hong Kong and Macau SARs), Philippines, Republic of Korea (South Korea), Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam.
- Citizens of the Middle East:
Afghanistan, Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen.
- Citizens of Europe:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus (Republic of), Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Reunion, Romania, Russian Federation, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom.
- Citizens of the Americas:Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Guiana, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela.
- Citizens of Carribeans:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Martinique, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago.
To be eligible to receive an Endeavour Scholarship or Fellowship, applicants must:
- be aged 18 years or over at the commencement of their programme;
- be a citizen and/or permanent resident of a participating country (see above);
- commence their proposed programme on the given range of date.
- provide all relevant supporting documentation;
- not apply for a category in which they have already completed an Endeavour Scholarships or Fellowships.
Applicants are encouraged to check the Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships website (link below) closer to April 2015 for further information, applicant guidelines and eligibility criteria.
What does it cover:
As a scholarship or fellowship recipient, they will gain invaluable international experience in study, research or professional development. Australian recipients also receive support to undertake targeted research, professional development or internships overseas.
The host institution will also support services to all recipients including:
- Travel allowance: $3,000 (Provision to pay up to $4,500 under special circumstances)
- Establishment allowance: $2,000 (Fellowships) or $4,000 (Scholarships)
- Monthly stipend: $3,000 (paid up to the maximum programme duration on a pro-rata basis)
- Health insurance for the full programme duration (OSHC for non-Australians)
- Travel insurance (excluding during programme for non-Australians)
- Endeavour Scholarship recipients will also receive tuition fees paid up to the maximum study/research duration on a pro-rata basis. Tuition includes student service and amenities fees.
How to apply:
Applications must be submitted using the Endeavour Online Application system.
Applicants are encouraged to check the official website (link below) closer to April 2015 for further information and applicant guidelines criteria.
Source & further information on Study in Australia: Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships 2015/ 2016: