The Arab Women Professionals Fellowship Program (AWPP) offer scholarhips/fellowships for Arab woman to take first-rate educational opportunities to motivated women who serve open society goals in order to increase women’s participation in policy making, governance and public life. This fellowship is awarded for two academic years and the intervening summer session.
The Arab Women Professionals Fellowship Program (AWPP) is co-funded by the American University in Cairo and the Open Society Foundations Scholarship Programs. The program will concentrate on empowering and credentialing women who are ready to fill critical leadership positions in Egypt and the Middle East.
|Study in: Egypt
Host Institution: the American University in Cairo
|Course Level: Graduate Degree
Course Starts: September 2014
CLOSING DATE: 2 March 2014 (undergraduate)
1 April & 1 June 2014 (graduate)
Field of Study(s):
The Arab Women Professionals Fellowship Program provided in the field of these studies:
- community psychology,
- economics in international development,
- international and comparative education,
- international human rights law,
- journalism and mass communication,
- English and comparative literature,
- gender and women’s studies in the Middle East and North Africa,
- Middle East studies,
- migration and refugee studies,
- political science,
- Master of Laws (LLM),
- Master of Public Administration and
- Master of Public Policy.
AWPP, the international scholarship and fellowship is open for Arab woman comes from Lebanon, Syria, Egypt, Jordan, and Iraq.
- Female citizens of Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, Syria and Iraq who are normally resident of these countries
- Qualified applicants to the fields of studies mentioned above
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Minimum GPA of 3.2 or a rating of gayed geddan
- A minimum of two years of relevant professional experience in community or public service
- Satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements, including submission of AUC graduate application, needed documents and any needed additional test scores (GMAT for MBA applicants, GRE for Economics, Economics in International Development and Journalism and Mass Communication applicants) as per AUC’s graduate admissions requirements.
- Submit an International TOEFL iBT exam score or an IELTS exam score as per the cut-off scores for AUC graduate admissions.
- Priority is given to applicants who demonstrate leadership skills.
What does it cover:
The Arab Women Professionals Fellowship Program (AWPP) 2014-2015 cover:
- A waiver of tuition fees, student services and activities fee
- A monthly stipend
- Medical service and health insurance fees (for international graduate students)
- Professional development funds
- Books, supplies and equipment allowance
- Transportation and living stipend for the Open Society Foundation’s annual pre-academic summer program at Bilgi University in Istanbul
And, if needed for non-residents of Egypt or Cairo:
- A monthly housing allowance,
- Transportation to and from Cairo at the beginning and end of the program,
- Transit allowance during travel to and from Cairo at the beginning and end of the program.
How to Apply:
Applicants should apply online, at link below.
Source & further information on The Arab Women Professionals Fellowship Program (AWPP) 2014/2015: