University of Aberdeen’s Ogston Postgraduate Music Scholarships UK 2015 2016 • The Ogston Postgraduate Music Scholarships will be awarded to students undertaking a PhD within the Department of Music at the University of Aberdeen in any area of music. They must take study beginning in the session 2015-2016.
The scholarship is valued at £1,000 per annum for the three years duration of the postgraduate degree. The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of merit and musical talent in any area of music (i.e composition or musicology). Applications are invited for a scholarship from graduates with a First or Upper Second Class Honours degree in Music, or an equivalent qualification.
For more scholarships in music, please see International Scholarships in Music at Musicians Institute.
|Study in: UK
Host Institution: University of Aberdeen
|Course Level: Postgraduate
Ogston Postgraduate Music Scholarships UK 2015/ 2016
CLOSING DATE: 30th of June 2015
Field of Study(s):
Applications from all fields within the Department of Music at the University of Aberdeen are accepted;
The scholarships are open to both home and international students (all countries).
- Applicants of any fee status are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- This international scholarship is invite student who graduates with a First or Upper Second Class Honours degree in Music, or an equivalent qualification, who plan to undertake a full-time PhD within the Department of Music (University of Aberdeen) in any area of music
What does it cover:
Ogston Postgraduate Music Scholarships UK 2015/2016 is valued at £1,000 per annum for the three years duration of the postgraduate degree. The award is received subject to satisfactory progress over the period and an annual review will take place. It will be dispersed in two equal parts:
- the first installment of £500 at the beginning of the academic year and
- the second installment of £500 at the start of the second half session.
How to apply:
Applicants should submit these documents by post:
- a CV,
- at least one example of his/her recent work (i.e. a composition or essay) and
- a covering letter with an outline of his/her proposed programme of research.
Informal enquiries should be directed to Professor Pete Stollery, Head of Music of University of Aberdeen UK. Send the documents to the official address available at link below.
Source & further information on University of Aberdeen – Ogston Postgraduate Music Scholarships UK 2015/ 2016: