This international scholarships offered by The Science Faculty of University of Portsmouth to international student from Ghana and Nigeria; to attend a full-time taught Master’s postgraduate degree.
|Study in: UK
Host Institution: University of Portsmouth
| Course Level: Master Degree
Course Starts: 2014
|31 July 2014|
Field of Study(s):
Candidates may apply to School of Earth and Environmental Sciences which include:
- Master on Environmental Geology and Contamination
- Master on Geological and Environmental Hazards
- Master on Engineering Geology
- Master on Crisis and Disaster Management
and also Department of Geography:
- MSc Coastal and Marine Resource Management
- MSc Geographical Information Systems
This postgraduate international scholarship is open to students from Ghana and Nigeria who want to get masters degree at University of Portsmouth.
You can apply to be considered if you:
Have Ghanaian or Nigerian nationality
- Ghana: Scholarship is open to all Ghanaian applicants who hold a minimum of a Second Class Upper in a relevant subject.
- Nigeria: Scholarship is open to all Nigerian applicants who hold a minimum G.P.A 3.0/5 (which is a high Second Class Lower) in a relevant subject.
- Are fully self-funding
- Have satisfied academic conditions detailed above and have met financial conditions including payment of non-refundable deposit.
- Have applied to, been offered and accepted a place on, the postgraduate degree of your choice (conditional or unconditional firm offer).
What does it cover:
The scholarships will be in the form of a 20% fee reduction from any tuition fee, BUT, it cannot be taken in conjunction with any other fee reduction or bursary offered by the University. The scholarship is a one-off award towards a one year Masters fees and is non-renewable and only valid for study on the courses listed above.
How to apply the scholarship:
- Download the application form here
- Complete the the Scholarship Application Form and submit it to International Admissions Centre either via email or post (details below) by no later than 31 July 2014. Successful scholarship applicants will be required to accept their place on the programme within four weeks of notification in order to obtain the reduction in the fee.
International Admissions Centre
Winston Churchill Avenue
+44 (0)23 9284 3414
Source & further information: