Graca Machel Postgraduate Scholarships for African Women 2015 2016 • In partnership with the Graca Machel Trust, Canon Collins award this scholarship on an annual basis. The scholarship is dedicated African women who want to take masters or doctoral program at South African universities. It will provide funding for up to a maximum of one year for Honours, two years for Masters and three years for PhD. Continued funding will depend on satisfactory progress and academic reports.
The Graca Machel international scholarships are looking for future women leaders in their fields and therefore demonstrable leadership qualities are important. Applicants must apply to the universities he/she wish to study at for a place on their chosen course(s).
|Study in: South Africa
Host Institution: South African Universities
|Course Level: Postgraduate (Masters & Doctor)
Course Starts: annually November
Graca Machel Postgraduate Scholarships for African Women 2015 2016
CLOSING DATE: 25 July (annually)
Field of Study(s):
Any fields of study that have potential contribution to Southern Africa’s future prosperity.
The scholarships are provided to women of Africa from the following countries: Angola, Tanzania, Botswana, Madagascar, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Mauritius, Malawi, Zimbabwe, DRC.
Duration of Awards:
The Graca Machel international scholarships will provide funding for up to a maximum of one year for Honours, two years for Masters and three years for PhD. Continued funding will depend on satisfactory progress and academic reports.
In order to apply for the Graca Machel Scholarships for African Women, applicants must be:
- nationals of or have refugee status in one of the following countries:
Angola – Botswana – Tanzania – DRC – Madagascar – Mauritius – Mozambique –Namibia – South Africa – Malawi – Swaziland – Zambia – Zimbabwe
- seeking this scholarship for study at honours, masters or doctoral level;
- normally resident in one of the above counties.
What does it cover:
The Graca Machel scholarship covers full tuition fees, a stipend towards living costs, and a travel allowance. Awards in 2014 were as follows (awards in 2015 are likely to be similar):
- Full paid tuition
- Travel allowance (for scholars coming to South Africa from other SADC countries only) of ZAR7,000.
- Stipend of ZAR 52,000 for South Africans, and ZAR 60,000 for non-South Africans
How to apply:
Applicants want to apply for the scholarships for African women must complete applications form online (link below). Make sure the applications is complete and accurate before submitting it online. All applicants are required to upload the following supporting documentation:
- Copy of degree certificates, if available;
- Certified academic transcripts;
- Reference letters from two referees;
- ID document (the following are acceptable: passport, birth certificate, driver’s license).
You may also need to submit:
- Proof of refugee status, if applicable;
- Two payslips, if currently employed;
- PhD proposal if applicable.
Source & further information on Graca Machel Postgraduate Scholarships for African Women 2015 2016: