CLOSING DATE: 1 Mei 2014 (annually)
|Study in: US
Host Institution: University in US
|Course Level: Master Degree
Course Starts: 2015
The Fulbright Graduate Program enables Afghans to pursue graduate-level study in the United States, build leadership skills and build mutual cultural understanding with Americans.
The Fulbright Graduate Fellowship pays for up to two years of graduate study in the United States to earn an MA, MS, MBA/MPA, LLM or similar graduate degree.
Field of Study(s):
Any field of study.
Citizens of Afghanistan and currently reside/live in Afghanistan
Number of Awards:
75 graduate fellowships may be available.
- Applicants must be citizens of Afghanistan and currently reside/live in Afghanistan
- Want to pursue graduate study at the master’s degree level
- Hold a minimum of a BA/BS degree. Please note: applicants that have a 3-year bachelor’s degree from India or Pakistan, are recommended to also have at least a 1-year Master’s certificate in order to be competitive and be placed in a U.S. university
- Applicants must present three letters of recommendation from their professors and/or employers (usually two from professors and one from an employer)
- Applicants are proficient in English, pass an Institutional TOEFL exam (PBT) in June 2014 with a score of at least 550 points. To be competitive in university placement, applicants often score above 600 in the paper based TOEFL test in August 2014).
- Also, applicants should work towards minimum GRE test scores of 150 in Verbal, 150 in Quantitative (Math), and four (4) on the Analytical Writing portion in order to be competitive.
- Applicants should have limited or no prior experience in the United States
- Have a demonstrated leadership qualities, involve in the community and/or volunteer work
- Generally have at least two years of work experience in a related field
- Applicants should submit application essays with clear goals, well-reasoned statements describing why a specific academic track is the best fit, and tying their academic plans to longer term professional goals
- Have a commitment to return to Afghanistan and use their experience to strengthen their society.
What does it cover:
- a tuition scholarship for coursework
- a monthly stipend to cover living expenses at host institution
- roundtrip transportation and health benefits
- Fellows may also attend special enrichment activities throughout their program. These activities are excellent opportunities to network with Fulbrighters from other countries and to interact with prominent Americans across a range of professional fields.
How to apply:
Please visit: http://kabul.usembassy.gov/fulbright.html
Source & further information:
http://kabul.usembassy.gov/fulbright.html and http://kabul.usembassy.gov/fd.html