CLOSING DATE: April 15, 2014
|Study in: USA
Host Institution: Freeport
|Course Level: Master’s Degree
Course Starts: 2015
The Fulbright Program was born in the hope that fostering exchange between the people of United States and those of other nations would nurture an understanding and tolerance that would remove the grounds for future conflict. It was a bold and visionary experiment and, for over 60 years, it has been an unequivocally successful one.
In 1965, Senator J.William Fulbright said the aim of the program that bears his name was “to bring a little more knowledge, a little more reason, and a little more compassion into world affairs and thereby to increase the chance that nations will learn at last to live in peace and friendship.”
Field of Study(s):
Engineering, Environmental Science, Public Policy, Public Health, Business and related fields.
Fulbright scholarships and grants for Master’s are available to Papuan residents, Indonesia.
- Residents of Papua, Indonesia
- A Bachelor (S1) degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (scale 4.00)
- Leadership qualities
- A good understanding of Indonesian and international cultures
- A demonstrated commitment to the chosen field of study
- A demonstrated commitment to the development and service of Papua
- Willingness to return to Papua upon completion of the Fulbright program
- A minimum institutional TOEFL score of 525 or IELTS 5.5 or IBT TOEFL score of 70/71. Please note that TOEFL prediction or TOEFL-like score is not accepted.
How to apply:
Candidates should complete the appropriate application forms which can be downloaded below. Email applications would not be accepted. Hard copies must be sent or delivered to American Indonesian Exchange Foundation at this following address:
CIMB NIAGA Plaza, 3rd Floor
Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 25
Candidates should return their complete application package to AMINEF-Indonesian by the application deadline that includes:
- Completed application form. This includes a clearly written and concise one page study objective.
- Copy of the most recent, less than two year old, ITP TOEFL or IBT TOEFL or IELTS score report.
- One letter of reference, either from applicant’s current employer or previous lecturer.
- Copy of academic transcript (English translation).
- Copy of identity document (KTP or passport).
Further information and application: