Facebook Fellowship Award 2015/ 2016 for Domestic and International Students • Facebook announced that they have expanded the Facebook Fellowship Award to cover two years. Applications are invited for Facebook fellowship program available to domestic and international students for full-time PhD accredited doctoral program focusing on a topic or field relevant to Facebook. Up to twelve (12) academic fellowships are awarded for a period of for two years.
See also » International Affairs Fellowship in Japan for US Citizen for more information on fellowships.
|Study in: USA, United States
Host Institution: Facebook
|Course Level: PhD (doctoral program)
Course Starts: 2015
Facebook Fellowship Award 2015/ 2016
CLOSING DATE: 5 Januari 2015
Field of Study(s):
Facebook fellowships are awarded in the fields relevant to Facebook, such as:
- System Architecture,
- Data Mining,
- Distributed Systems,
- Computer Vision,
- Human-Computer Interaction & Social Computing,
- Economics and Computation,
- Machine Learning,
- Natural Language Processing,
- Networking & Operating Systems,
- Programming Languages & Compilers,
- Security & Privacy and Software Engineering.
International and domestic (USA) students can apply for these facebook fellowship award 2015/ 2016.
- This Facebook Fellowship Program is open to individuals who are enrolled full-time, as defined by the individual’s university, and in good standing at an appropriately accredited doctoral program focusing on a Topic or Field (whether an individual is engaged in research in a Topic or Field will be determined in Facebook’s sole discretion).
- Applicants are not eligible to participate in this Facebook Fellowship Program if they are a national or legal resident of those countries in which the United States has embargoed goods (including, without limitation, Cuba, North Korea, Iran, and Syria, unless you are enrolled full-time at an accredited university in the United States or a non-embargoed country, with the exception of nationals and legal residents of Cuba, who are unconditionally ineligible to participate).
- Applicants should be aware that Facebook’s ability to select for receipt of an Award a PhD Student who is from a country against which the United States has imposed comprehensive economic sanctions (such as Cuba, Iran, Sudan, Syria, or North Korea) may be sharply limited by United States law.
- Further, the Award, or portions thereof, may be forfeited if an Award recipient does not remain enrolled with full-time status and in good standing at the same doctoral program for the entire period of the award. It is the obligation of all applicants to ensure that applying for the Award, participating in this Program and, as applicable, received an Award, complies with all laws, rules and regulations of the jurisdiction in which such applicant is a legal resident/national.
What does it cover:
Each Facebook Fellowship includes several benefits:
- $37,000 yearly grant
- Tuition and fees, will be paid for the academic year(s)
- Paid visit to Facebook HQ to present your research
- Opportunity for paid internship
How to apply:
Applicants should prepare these required application materials:
- Resume or CV
should detail prior relevant work experience, academic record, and publication record.
- Research Summary
1-2 page research summary, which clearly identifies the area of focus and applicability of anticipated research to Facebook.
Application must include a one (1) to two (2) page (single-spaced, 12 point Times New Roman font, one (1) inch margins) research proposal in your Field of study. Research proposals will be reviewed, subject to the two (2) page limit, and any page(s) submitted in excess of the two (2) page limit may not be read.
- Research Proposal: See the OVERVIEW section above for examples of acceptable Fields and Topics. Additionally, the Research Proposal must clearly identify the area of focus and applicability of anticipated research to Facebook.
- Two email contacts for a letter of recommendation:
- Advisor, must be from the applicant’s current doctoral program advisor.
- Professional reference (can be from academia or industry)
The letters of reference should address the applicant’s skills and character and why the applicant deserves to receive the Award.
Read the Terms and Conditions for the Facebook Fellowship program at link below.
Source & further information on Facebook Fellowship Award – Scholarship 2015/ 2016: