To support young visionaries ConocoPhillips in cooperation with Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC) offers Scholarships for Canada citizens. The scholarship encourages students with academic excellence and demonstrated leadership. Up to five scholarships at the bachelor degree level or at the diploma level will be available. This undergraduate scholarships will support up to two consecutive years or until first diploma or degree is obtained. University preparatory programs in any jurisdiction are not eligible.
More scholarships in Canada, see Doctoral Research Scholarship Program in Canada.
|Study in: Canada
Host Institution: Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC)
|Course Level: Undergraduate Degree
Course Starts: September 2014
ConocoPhillips Canada Scholarships 2014/2015
CLOSING DATE: June 1, 2014
Field of Study(s):
ConocoPhillips scholarships offered to students who want to study in these areas:
- oil and gas related studies (4 awards).
Its include: Engineering, Science, Power Engineering, Geosciences, Petroleum Land Administration and Management.
- environmental/sustainable development studies (1 awards)
ConocoPhillips scholarships dedicated to Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada who want to take undergraduate program.
To apply for this scholarships, applicants must:
- Be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada;
- Have a minimum average of 70% (or equivalent) in the last academic year of studies;
- Been nominated by the eligible institution. Each eligible institution may nominate a maximum of 3 candidates per institution. Only the University of Calgary permitted to nominate 6 candidates from the noted oil and gas related studies category 1 and environmental/sustainable development studies.
What does it cover:
- Up to $5,000 CAD per year for a diploma program to cover:
- tuition and compulsory fees, up to $2,500 per year (maximum),
- living expenses for about $2,500 per year
- Up to $10,000 CAD per year for a bachelor degree program to cover:
- tuition and compulsory fees, up to $5,000 per year (maximum);
- living expenses for about $5,000 per year.
Another criteria should also be highlighted are applicant’s academic performance, volunteer/community involvement and/or extracurricular activities, and quality and relevance of the reference letters.
How to apply:
Application form and further guidelines can be downloaded at link below.
Source & further information on ConocoPhillips Canada Scholarships 2014/2015: