CLOSING DATE: 19 July 2013 for Indonesia
|Study in: Australia
Host Institution: AusAID: participating Australian Universities and institutions
|Course Level: Undergraduate & Postgraduate
Course Starts: 2014
Australia Awards Scholarships are long term development awards administered by AusAID, aim to contribute to the long term development needs of Australia’s partner countries in line with bilateral and regional agreements. The study and research opportunities provided by Australia Awards Scholarships develop skills and knowledge of individuals to drive change and contribute to the development outcomes of their own country.
They provide opportunities for people from developing countries to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
Field of Study(s):
Study programs must relate to candidate’s country’s priority areas for development. These are listed on the participating country profiles. AusAID Australia Awards are not available for training in areas related to flying aircraft, nuclear technology or military training.
Applicants from Asia, Pacific, Africa, Middle East, Caribbean, and Latin America. Please follow link below to see lists countries-specific eligibility criteria.
Number of Awards:
more than 3,900 individuals from developing countries.
What does it cover:
The Awards are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training. The following benefits generally apply:
- Full tuition fees.
- Return air travel—payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route.
- Establishment allowance—a once only payment of A$5,000 as a contribution towards as accommodation expenses, text books, study materials.
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) is a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by AusAID. From 1 January 2013, CLE payable to Scholars studying under an ADS is A$30,000 per year.
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP)—a compulsory 4-6 week program prior to the commencement of formal academic studies covering information on life and study in Australia.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award (for award holder only)—provided to cover the student’s basic medical costs (with the exception of pre existing conditions).
- Pre-course English (PCE) fees—if deemed necessary PCE may be available for students for in-country and/or in-Australia training.
- Supplementary Academic Support may be available to ensure a Scholar’s academic success or enhance their academic experience.
- Fieldwork (for research students only)—may be available for eligible research students for one return economy class airfare via the most direct route to their country of citizenship or within Australia.
Opening Date and Closing Date are varied refers to applicant’s country. But annually, the opening date for every country is at early February and the closing date is at the end of March, April, or May.
How to apply:
There are two ways to apply, applying online (visit http://oasis.ausaid.gov.au) and applying by mail.
Source and further information: