Each year, Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships offers opportunities to people from some developing countries to study at selected education institutions outside Australia. The awardee will be study at Pacific tertiary institutions in Fiji, Samoa, Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands, Vanuatu, and New Caledonia.Currently, citizens of Papua New Guinea are not eligible to undertake Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships at universities outside Papua New Guinea.
The aim of the scholarships is for people to gain knowledge and skills which will help the development of their home country.
|Study in: Pacific Tertiary
Host Institution: Government of Australia
|Course Level: Postgraduate
CLOSING DATE: annually at July
Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships (AAPS) 2015 2016
Field of Study(s):
A wide range of disciplines are provided at selected education institutions in the Pacific region. The scholarship numbers and fields of study for each country are determined annually as part of Australia’s bilateral development assistance program with each country.
Currently, Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships are restricted to Pacific countries:
Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Niue, Nauru, Palau, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Papua New Guinea, tonga, Tuvalu, Tokelau, and Vanuatu.
To apply for Australia Awards Pacific Sholarships, applicants:
- must be a citizen of and a resident in the Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships participating country
- must not have or be entitled to permanent residence in Australia;
- must not be married or engaged to be married to a person who holds or is eligible to hold Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residence status (unless their country does not issue passports—the Cook Islands, Niue and Tokelau)
- must complete the host government’s immigration requirements for regional students
- should meet specific eligibility criteria imposed by the Government of the applicant’s country of citizenship
- must not hold another scholarship during the period of the Australia Awards Pacific Scholarship
- must not hold or have held an Australian Government scholarship in the two years preceding the proposed time of commencement of the Australia Awards Pacific Scholarship
- must not be transferring from another scholarship
What does it cover:
Australia Awards Pacific Scholarship entitlements vary between countries and institution of enrolment. But, generally entitlements cover:
- a return airfare from your home country to the country of study,
- academic and other compulsory fees,
- an establishment allowance and
- a living allowance paid fortnightly.
In some countries the living allowance may be paid at a higher rate when the student is joined long term by one or more family members. No assistance is available with the airfares of family members.
How to apply:
Enquiries about this international scholarships should be made with the Australian Diplomatic Mission. For example, information for citizens of the Solomon Islands is only available from the Australian Diplomatic Mission in Honiara.
The postal address for the Australian Diplomatic Mission is available here.
Source & further information on Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships 2015/2016:
- ausaid scholarship 2016
- https://yandex ru/clck/jsredir?from=yandex ru;search;web;;&text=&etext=1820 PN3h96R9aA_Hw4hddJ3Up1BXmyMrf7I4qo2ZIrwzSZ5yG6bSDdpXIIqXGOMzztvlnEpC-872hlyYFQwKITOdzw a07b818037ab52ce72d7de71a85d40cbd7035ddb&uuid=&state=_BLhILn4SxNIvvL0W45KSic