CLOSING DATE: 15 November 2013
|Study in: Singapore
Host Institution: National University of Singapore
|Course Level: PhD Degree
Course Starts: August 2014 & Januari 2015
AGS is a collaboration between A*STAR Graduate Academy (A*GA) and NGS. It comprises a four-year PhD study tenable at National University of Singapore (NUS) and the PhD degree is awarded by NUS – GSS (Graduate School for Integrative Sciences and Engineering)
Upon completion of their four-year studies, scholars are encouraged to apply for post-doc to widen their exposure before they return for deployment. Post-doc positions are awarded on a case-by-case, competitive basis, depending on the strengths and merits of the post-doc application.
Field of Study(s):
Biomedical Sciences, Physical Sciences or Engineering
Open to Singaporeans, Singapore PRS, and nationals of ASEAN countries.
- Singaporeans and other nationals intending to take up Singapore Citizenship.
- Applicants must satisfy criteria for and seek admission into NUS PhD programme.
- Applicants must have obtained at least a Second Upper Class Honours Degree or its equivalent in relevant disciplines.
- Applicants must have good ‘O’ and ‘A’ level track records. Polytechnic students with a Diploma with Merit will also be considered.
- Applicants with a strong interest in a research career are preferred.
- Applicants may submit GRE scores (if available) to be included in the overall assessment of their scholarship application.
- May not hold concurrently any other scholarship or fellowship.
Up to 3-year service commitment to work in challenging employment in the RIs upon completing the PDF.
All candidates are encouraged to apply with their GRE test scores. Applications without GRE test scores will still be considered but successful applicants will have to satisfy the GRE requirement prior to them embarking on their PhD studies.
What does it cover:
- Monthly stipend of S$3,300 up to 4 years of the PhD studies, or up to date of graduation, whichever is earlier.
- Payment of full tuition fees or up to date of graduation, whichever is earlier.
- Other allowances including: computer allowance, thesis, allowance, book allowance, conference allowance.
- Opportunities for overseas attachment.
Successful candidates will be given support for up to four years of academic pursuit, leading to a PhD. Award is renewable on an annual basis, subject to good progress.
How to apply:
a) Applicants have to apply online to A*STAR at https://scholarships.a-star.edu.sg/student/loginform.php and https://inetapps.nus.edu.sg/gda/common/newlogin.aspx.
b) Fill up the Academic Referee’s Report Form
c) Submit all supporting documents, together with a printed copy of the application form by post to NGS Office:
NUS Graduate School for Integrative Sciences & Engineering (NGS)
Centre For Life Sciences (CeLS)
28 Medical Drive, #05-01
Source & further information: