The Asian Peacebuilders Scholarship (APS) 2015/2016, a Dual Campus Master of Arts Programme, is a collaboration of The Nippon Foundation, the UN Mandated University for Peace (UPEACE), and Ateneo de Manila University (AdMU). The objective of this international scholarship proggramme is to train young Asian professionals to become peace building practitioners, ready to take up leading positions in organisations across the globe.
The scholarship program offers intensive language training to facilitate participation of professionals with lower levels of English proficiency, as well as the hands-on design and implementation of an intensive field project in Asia.
|Study in: Philippines & Costa Rica
Host Institution: UPEACE & AdMU, The Nippon Foundation
|Course Level: Master/Doctoral Degree
Course Starts: March 2015
Asian Peacebuilders Scholarship (APS) for Master Program 2015/2016
CLOSING DATE: August 28, 2014
Field of Study(s):
any areas related to peace building (various specialisations available) and global politics, undertaken at UPEACE and AdMU.
Asian Peacebuilders Scholarship (APS) offers to young Asian professionals from diverse cultures and backgrounds. (Other scholarships for Asian: Japan Scholarships Program)
Number of Awards:
Thirty admitted applicants will be granted a full Asian Peacebuilders Scholarship (APS).
Students all over Asia may apply to Asian Peacebuilders Scholarship, with preference to:
- Applicants have Bachelor’s degree from a reputable institution;
- Applicants have at least 2 years work experience in a relevant field;
- Applicants should demonstrate a compelling desire to work on issues related to peace and conflict;
- Demonstrate a commitment to learning in an international and multi-cultural environment.
- Applicants who come from countries where English is not widely spoken, particularly Japan, Laos, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, Indonesia, Cambodia, Sri Lanka, and the Philippines.
What does it cover:
This international scholarship covers:
- all tuition fees,
- the language-training module: language training in the Philippines at AdMU (6 months for candidates with intermediate English, 3 months for candidates with advanced English)
- academic materials
- air travel,
- living expenses and
- basic insurance during the period of studies.
How to apply:
Please read the guidelines (see: link below) carefully to determine which documentation is needed. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Fill out the on-line application form and upload a PDF copy of all the following materials:
- Official Undergraduate Transcript (Original or certified true copy)
- Official BA Degree (certified copy by the University Registrar)
- Curriculum Vitae or Résumé
- Two statements of purpose, one for each of the two MA Programmes of your choice
- 2 Recommendation Letters (signed by the respective references)
- English Proficiency Scores Report
- Copy of Passport
- 6 Passport Sized Pictures
Source & further information on Asian Peacebuilders Scholarship 2015/2016: