ANZCA Anaesthesia Scholarships for developing countries 2015/2016 • Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (ANZCA) is offering training scholarship available for the citizens of a developing country to pursue additional training in Australia or New Zealand. Scholarship is awarded for a period of up to one year.
ANZCA The scholarship is intended to allow the recipient to join the staff of a major hospital or rotation in Australia or New Zealand for a period of up to one year. This may be adapted to the requirements of the individual recipient. The recipient will be expected to attend the New Fellows’ Conference and the Annual Scientific Meeting of the College and/or Faculty of Pain Medicine, in addition to undertaking other relevant activities (for example, Effective Management of Anaesthetic Crises, regional continuing medical education meetings).
Members of the Overseas Aid Committee will consider the potential of each ANZCA Anaesthesia Scholarships applicant to contribute to anaesthesia or pain medicine in his or her country through:
- Developing leadership and expertise in the clinical domains.
- Acting as a role model to other local clinicians and health professionals.
- Promoting education and training and high standards.
- A recommendation will subsequently be made to ANZCA Council for approval.
|Study in: Australia or New Zealand
Host Institution: Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (ANZCA)
|Course Level: available for pursuing training in a hospital in Australia and New Zealand.
Course Starts: annually September
ANZCA Anaesthesia Scholarships for Developing Countries 2015/ 2016
CLOSING DATE: March 30th, 2015
Field of Study(s):
This international scholarship is designed to increase the recipient’s capacity to advance anaesthesia and/or pain medicine for the benefit of his or her community. The ANZCA Anaesthesia Scholarships will provide an opportunity for the recipient to improve knowledge, skills and attributes across the following roles:
- Medical expert in anaesthesia and/or pain medicine
- Health advocate
- Scholar and teacher
- Communicator and collaborator
More scholarships/fellowships on medical field, see also » Neonatal-Perinatal Paediatric Fellowships in Canada 2016.
Applicants of all developing countries are eligible for the ANZCA Anaesthesia Scholarships and training program.
Applicants are required to satisfy the following criteria:
- Aged between 25 and 40 years.
- Citizenship of a developing country.
- A graduate of his or her country’s specialty training program to local fellowship or masters level.
- Must not have residency status in Australia or New Zealand.
- Meets the relevant Australian and New Zealand government immigration requirements.
- Meets the eligibility criteria imposed by the government of his or her country of citizenship.
- Capacity to become a leader in anaesthesia and/or pain medicine in his or her own country.
- Adequate knowledge of the English language at a professional level and have satisfied Australian or New Zealand medical registration requirements (for example, IELTS).
- Timely submission of a detailed application on the appropriate form, supported by sponsorship statements and contact details of referees.
- Ability to commence the scholarship in the calendar year for which it is offered.
- Must not hold another scholarship during the period of this scholarship.
What does it cover:
ANZCA Anaesthesia Scholarships will cover:
- A living allowance.
- Visa, medical insurance, registration, police check and other related expenses.
- Return economy class airfare between home country and Australia or New Zealand.
- Assistance for family travel may be provided.
- Costs of attendance at approved educational activities
- Successful applicants benefiting from other grants or salaries must disclose this to the EUI, as the amount of the fellowship will be fixed at a lower rate (minimum € 1,250 per month) depending on the additional income.
How to apply:
Applications should be sent by post. Applications must include all required information and be received at ANZCA House, 630 St Kilda Road, Melbourne 3004, Victoria, Australia, by Monday March 30th, 2015. No late applications will be considered.
Source & further information on ANZCA Anaesthesia Scholarships for developing countries 2015/ 2016: