New Zealand Prime Minister’s Scholarships for Asia (PMSA) 2014/2015 supported New Zealand’s students wanting to undertake study or research in Asia. It is available for undergraduate and postgraduate program. Program supported by the scholarship must be at least six weeks duration and can be up to two years.
PMSA Scholarship can be taken at Asia countries, includes: Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia, Laos, Philippines, Myanmar, Vietnam, Japan, Singapore, Indonesia, as well as China, Korea, India and the Middle East.
|Study in: Asia
Host Institution: New Zealand Government
|Course Level: undergraduate & postgraduate
Course Starts: September 2014
Prime Minister’s Scholarships for Asia (PMSA) 2014/2015:
scholarships for New Zealand students
CLOSING DATE: March 28 or September 29, 2014
(there are two scholarships rounds per year)
Field of Study(s):
PMSA scholarships will support part or whole undergraduate or postgraduate degree or diploma program in a subject area that can be linked to New Zealand’s economic or trade agenda, including, but not limited to:
- business studies;
- food technology; and
The PMSA will also support trade or economic-related short-term research projects to target countries.
Students of New Zealand wanting to study or doing research in Asia.
All PMSA applicants must:
- be New Zealand citizens or PR holders of a minimum two years
- be at least 18 years old at the time of taking up the scholarship
- propose a programme that meets the duration, destination and topic requirements of the PMSA
All applicants will be expected to display academic strengths and personal attributes such as independence, initiative, maturity and confidence. PMSA prefers New Zealand students with:
- the potential to succeed in academic study abroad
- the ability to represent both New Zealand and their home institution positively, particularly the value of their New Zealand education experience
- the willingness and preparedness to communicate cross-culturally
What does it cover:
The value of the PMSA Scholarship is based on the level and length of study, the destination country and institution. The scholarship can cover costs including:
- tuition fees,
- medical insurance
- a living allowance, and
- return economy class flights.
The Prime Minister’s Scholarship for Asia (PMSA) will not necessarily cover all costs, and does not cover accompanying spouse or dependants.
How to apply:
There are two ways to apply for this international scholarships for Asia.
New Zealand institutions may submit an institutional application/s for scholarship support on behalf of (named) students wishing to travel to target countries on Exchange programmes, on Study Abroad (language) programmes, or on specifically-tailored study programmes in Asia. Contact Education New Zealand to request an Institutional Application Form.
All applicants that are not included in an institutional application should:
- Download and complete the individual application form (below)
- Complete the referees report (available for download)
- Submit the application via post to Education New Zealand along with any required documents before the submission deadline. Instructions are included on the first page of the Application Form.
Source & further information on New Zealand Prime Minister’s Scholarships for Asia (PMSA) 2014/2015: